BEHA partner – Avidyne
When we started the BEHA development programme, we knew we wanted the aircraft to have the latest avionics available, delivered by one of the best in the business. Avidyne is that company and when Steve Jacobson approached us to discuss mutual opportunities, we were absolutely delighted to be able to say ‘yes’. Having Avidyne as a partner, enables us to have the avionics expertise to deliver a state of the art cockpit and flight control systems capability that will position BEHA as one of the most advanced aircraft in its class.
Avidyne Corporation is a market-leader in the design and manufacturing of integrated avionics systems for general aviation (GA) aircraft. Avidyne is headquartered in Lincoln, MA, with facilities in Melbourne, FL. and Westerville (Columbus), OH.
Avidyne designs and manufactures integrated instruments, flight displays, VHF and GPS-based navigation, communication, and data link transceivers, digital flight control systems, as well as a range of ADS-B, traffic detection and weather detection sensors.
Experienced entrepreneur and pilot Dan Schwinn founded Avidyne in 1994 with the mission of modernizing GA avionics by applying advanced technology in order to improve safety and increase aircraft utility. “As a pilot and aircraft owner, I was struck by how little GA cockpits had changed over the last 30 years,” said Schwinn. “I saw huge potential to develop a core technology and define a new generation of avionics that improve flying safety.”
Avidyne’s History of Industry firsts includes the following:
- First Integrated Flight Deck for light GA aircraft
- First two-seat trainer aircraft Integrated Flight Deck
- First single-engine turbine aircraft Integrated Flight Deck
- First active traffic advisory system under $10,000
- First integrated Datalink multifunction displays
- First multi-channel datalink communications for MFDs
- First to certify Satellite Datalink Weather for light GA aircraft
- First large-format MFD to display both airborne radar and NEXRAD weather
- First to develop and demonstrate VHF Digital Link Mode-3 (VDL-3) (NEXCOM) avionics for general aviation
- First plug-and-play autopilot with Flight EP
- First FMS system with easy-to-use Vectors™ mode and GeoFill™
EP® and EA® are trademarks of Avidyne Corporation.